Why should I participate?
- Because the Treasurer’s Office is here to serve you; and
- Because ideas and concepts for improvements come from everywhere, including you!
So, what exactly does the Dane County Treasurer’s Office do?
- Receive all monies belonging to the County;
- Disburse funds on the order of the County Executive and the County Board;
- Keep a true and accurate account of the receipt and expenditure of funds processed by the Treasurer’s office;
- Provide the State Treasurer, Department of Revenue and other agencies with required statements and reports; and
- Notice and list unclaimed funds such as uncashed checks that are older than 1 year.
And are there any goals/topics regarding the Treasurer’s Office on which I can offer feedback? (in short…YES)
- Promote Security, Efficiency, Accountability, and Transparency;
- Fairly & equitably address Delinquencies and Foreclosures;
- Improve Outreach to Municipal Governments and Individual Taxpayers of Dane County; and
- Anything to improve public services or information flow on changes/activities in the Treasurer’s Office.